1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ, recommend me some TV shows.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jay Sherman, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

it's garry shandling show.

2. Granny

Granny New Member

The Simple Life and that Sex and the City picture show is good watchin.

3. Arrested Development, 30 Rock and Weeds are my favorite "new" shows that people have just turned me on to. You can watch all 53 eps of AD at hulu.com ... 30 Rock and Weeds are available via download. Actually Season 2 of 30Rock is on hulu, Season 1 you'll have to download ... some cool dude is putting up Weeds episodes for download within 24 hours of the new episode airing ... saves me having to buy Showtime. All three shows are smart, well-written and of course the acting is great. AD is my fave among the three. There are so many inside jokes, that you can watch an episode 3-4 times and pick up on gags you missed earlier ... that's my kind of show. 30 Rock has similar writing and Tina Fey is easy on the eyes, much the same way Mary-Louise Parker and Jenna Fischer are.

Also a big fan of The Office, the Amazing Race and Real Time with Bill Maher.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

californication. one of the best shows i've ever seen.

hidden palms. (seriously. it was good.)

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

In order:

Cable shows:

Rescue Me
    The Sopranos
    The Shield
    The Wire
    Entourage
    The Riches
    Big Love
    Six Feet Under
    Damages
    Rome
    The Closer
    Nip/Tuck
    Over There

Network (drama):

Lost
    Friday Night Lights
    Grey's Anatomy
    Brothers and Sisters
    House
    Ugly Betty
    Pushing Daisies
    Desperate Housewives
    Medium
    Chuck
    Prison Break
    Boston Legal

(comedy):

The Office
    30 Rock
    Samantha Who
    My Name is Earl
    Til Death

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The Amazing Race = the only reality show worth watching. Seriously, it's awesome, especially if you like travel.

I like Gilmore Girls, which is a really funny, snappy show, especially in Seasons 1-5, with a bunch of cultural references.

Whose Line is it Anyway and the Carol Burnett Show are two old favorites.

7. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Yeah, the music licensing is likely what's holding up the release. It's the same reason that B&B, once it was released on video, had a lot of the original songs replaced. Getting the rights from ASCAP ain't cheap.

I'll second the recommendation for Burn Notice. It's beautifully shot, funny, and the cast is terrific - especially Bruce Campbell.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Salute Your Shorts or nothing.

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

"Dream On," before it went to a network and got cleaned up. Funny, funny stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted