1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ Nation, Madhavok got a job !

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, May 12, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Greetings to you all.
    Ill make this quick.
    On Friday I had a job interview and it went well. I felt I had the job and was told to call on Monday to discuss when I could start and other specifics. So I call after one as requested and left a message. I have yet to hear back and am kind of getting nervous.
    It's mud season here and jobs are very hard to come by.
    Do I just wait it out or do another call? I have a suspicion her days off are today and tommorrow and I would hate to bother on her weekend.
    Thanks. !

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but searching with my blackberry is a tad rough.

2. Madhavok

Re: SJ Nation, Madhavok has a question !

Hmm, no edit function on the mobile. Anyway the reason for the urgency is because this upcoming Thursday was the desired star date..

And its been a whike since I've had to apply for a job.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is one of those deals where I think you have to sit and wait. You might try emailing, though, to follow up.

Good luck.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Call again.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Call again.

Then send an email saying you're just following up, great meeting with you, looking forward to talking further.

Good luck.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't leave another message if you get voicemail, though.

7. Madhavok

I was given her cell to call. I might call the direct line to the store instead, but I'm not too sure.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Maybe she wants to get freaky ...

9. Madhavok

Haha.

I thought of doing an email to her receptionist saying thanks for help setting up the interview and then let her know I called as requested and etc..

I just hate to look desperate when I want to be persistent (but not over the top).

10. Madhavok

Well thanks for the help from those who gave their input. However, I was notified yesterday by someone else with the company that I did in fact did not get the job and that my resume would be in a different stack if someone should quit or be fired. I'm furious, absolutely furious after being told I had the job.

Welp, back to the search. There's always going back to NY for the summer if nothing shows up... ugh

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That happens, Mad. Often the people who think they can call the shots find out someone else wants a different shot called for whatever reason.

Keep your chin up.

12. Madhavok

Just got a call back about a resident manager job I applied for the heck of it. Hopefully I get a call back soon about an interview for Monday.

Draft saved Draft deleted