1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sj.commer text thread - this is all about you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

You just want what you can't have :p.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I am a chronic texter. In the 15 days of this current cycle, I've sent 958 texts and received 736, along with sending 19 pictures and receiving eight of them. I generally send between 2,500 and 4,000 texts a month. I text when I get up -- generally I'm woken up by one -- and I text before I fall asleep. I text while I'm driving -- long messages and short messages -- almost every time I'm behind the wheel. A few messages really helps the time pass by.

Like IJAG said in the previous thread, if I leave the house without my phone -- which doesn't happen often -- I feel naked and lost.

And Buck is right: Once you've got that keypad memorized, everything is much easier.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've used 106 from the 27th through now. But that was only through the goodnight one to my bf this morning at like 1 a.m. Not the four I exchanged with Xan this afternoon. :)

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My friend and I started texting during last year's baseball playoffs, and we've kept the rapid pace since. I never texted before then, and my bill was $60.60 higher than usual -- for the 606 messages sent and received. That's when I purchased the unlimited texts option.

Really, if not for texting, all of the monotonous hours at my second job would have felt like the end was never near.

5. I have never sent a text message. I'm so kvlt!

6. KG

KG Active Member

I text all the time. Since I've also have this lame third shift job that requires very little thinking, I've been texting like there's no tomorrow (have a couple of buddies on graveyard too).

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm so 20th century... I don't send or receive text messages with my cell.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

OUTING ALERT: EStreetJoe starred in Get Smart.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. EStreetJoe

Here's my picture from those days as a spy
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. KP

KP Active Member

Chris Hansen would like a word with you. 'gola you can sit in as well.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This was not common knowledge to me before, but three weeks ago someone showed me the "word" feature and rescued me from "abc" land.

Now I have no problem with texting.

I only text the wife normally.

12. EStreetJoe

I'm in the extreme minority but when it comes to phones, I prefer voice communication to text communications.

Draft saved Draft deleted