1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 18, 2008.

1. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Updated list:
    Songbird -- Santa and Xan are on same page.
    mustangj17 -- has been contacted by his Santa
    AgatePage -- still waiting
    old_tony -- late shipment, out of the ordinary circumstances, has been contacted.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Y
    Yeah I was contacted about two weeks ago from my Santa. Secret Santa told me they screwed up the mailing and it ended back at the North Pole. It was re-sent around Dec. 22nd, and haven't heard or seen anything since.

It's not really a big deal. But I just wanted to give the input. Thanks for putting all this effort into this SS.

3. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Agate Page received his gift yesterday. Yay!

Down to three people I'm still harassing. A little disappointed in the trouble I've had getting responses from at least one Santa, one I didn't expect. But I'll keep trying.

As a note: No gifts arrived this late last year. There will be changes in the rules for next year.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Wow ... that really sucks. People who can't live up to their obligations (unless special circumstances are involved) should just bow out next year.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I hear ya! Luckily the SJ board, for the most part has come through and Secret Santa is really good about bugging people. I participated on the Secret Santa for the Springsteen board I'm on and never got anything although of course, I sent my gift. It's just disheartening that people would sign up to do something that they know they're getting a gift and then not do it.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

To be clear, everyone's doing it. All gifts have been bought and (assumedly) shipped. So don't slag people when you don't know details.

I'm just trying to find out where it might be and I'm not getting responses like I'd like.

7. I don't know what's going on with anyone because I'm not involved, but let me offer this:

I received a Christmas package from the in-laws, shipped through FedEx, with a signature confirmation. It was left on the doorstep of a public building and one of the box ends was torn open.

I received a Christmas card from my aunt and uncle. It was sent in a USPS apology envelope because the original envelope was completely torn open.

I received a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law. It was sent through USPS with a signature confirmation. It also was left on the doorstep with one end torn open.

I'm pretty disillusioned with all forms of delivery right now.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Nobody is being 'slagged,' IJAG. Just stating the obvious.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You weren't the one who said that people shouldn't sign up and then not buy gifts.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This site would get quiet in a hurry...

11. Flash

Flash Guest

I think Magic was just speaking generally ... the same thing happened to me on another board (not getting a gift). It sucks balls and I certainly wouldn't want to see that happen here.

@playthrough: hilarious!

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Folks, here's how you send Doc gifts for next year's Secret Santa ...

[​IMG]

At least the parachute guarantees a soft landing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted