1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Penalty Box fantasy-hockey league

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Aug 28, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Fantasy-sports life is good for me.

My Stormin' Canes lead the SportsJournalists.com Yahoo fantasy-hockey league, my Ice Runners lead their division (with the best record in the league) in the SportsJournalists.com nhl.com fantasy-hockey league and if the Seahawks beat the 49ers tonight, I win the SportsJournalists.com Survivor League. Oh, and I'm third in the SportsJournalists.com college-football pick 'em league.

HB, your Agitators are kicking butt. I was comparing our stats last week and you team would have beaten mine even though I had a pretty good week.

On Friday of last week, I was up 17-0 and had visions of a 19-0 lead until reality set in and I settled on a still-solid 11-6-2 week.

In the Yahoo league, my big draft triumph appears to be taking Gerber late in the draft. Going into the season everybody figured Emery would be the starter and Gerber only would get spot starts. But here is Gerber now leading the NHL in wins.

93Devil: I guess our teams are hitting the ice this week.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hopefully my boys can hold their own.

My steal was getting Pascal Leclaire off of waivers after his first start. Hopefully he plays this out of his head for the rest of the season.

3. ondeadline

I wish Mr. Leclair the best of luck -- after Sunday. :) Especially since he could get FOUR starts.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Thanks for the compliment. I wanted a team that had an opportunity to contend and I think that's what I have. Lundqvist, Miller and Price give me good goaltending to go along with plenty of scoring from my forwards and defensemen.

5. ondeadline

HB's Agitating Avery's surge to the league lead:

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You beat me to it.

The lads are getting the job done.

7. ondeadline

And at the same time that your blue shirts are surging.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yup.

My plan was just to have as much quality depth as possible. Last year, if someone got hurt, I was pretty much done for. This season, Shea Webber misses close to a month with a knee injury and it wasn't a killer.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My seven-day reign of terror came to an inglorious end, due to an 11-3 thrashing at the hands of Not Poodle!!!

Here are your up-to-the-split-second standings:

10. ondeadline

I return to first despite stupidly losing a Brodeur shutout on my bench.

This week, it's a battle of the top two teams on the schedule.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And I presume both teams have an eye on the team currently residing in third, which will take a week's worth of frustration and angst out on The Crosby Show.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Not Poodles had a nice week.

Hopefully I can climb into the top half og the standings.

Draft saved Draft deleted