1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.Com Money League---Standings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lawrenceofalabia, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Here are the standings of the SportsJournalists.com Money League just after the halfway point.

Team                              Record          %       GB     WVR   Moves
    1.  Pale Ale Hose                   112-60-20     .635 -               9          12

2.  New Jersey Chubbs           111-64-17     .622     2.5       5          19

3.  Sterling Silver                     99-80-13     .549    16.5       2          60

4.  Slapnuts                            98-81-13     .544    17.5       6          17
    5.  Mizzou Mafia                       91-84-17     .518    22.5       1           0

6.  Winnin' Ugly                       92-86-14     .516    23        11          46
    7.  LoganYoungsMoney            92-90-10     .505    25        12         106
    8.  Beaver Retrievers                87-87-18     .500    26         7           10
    9.  RedStockings                      87-92-13     .487   28.5       4           10
    10.  Operation Pantsload           78-101-13   .440   37.5       8           20
    11.  Murphy's Bleachers             60-117-15   .352   54.5       3            9
    12.  The Cleveland Rocks           53-118-21   .331   58.5     10           11

Pale Ale and NJ Chubbs have fought for the top spot for most of the year.  NJ Chubbs held it out of the gate and for several weeks, but lately it's been Pale Ale with the edge.  Perenial winner and challenger Sterling Silver sits in third, while Slappy has a hold on fourth.  Mizzou, year after year, with an amazing draft, is in fifth without much, if any, effort since the opening.  Still a long way to go, but it seems that five teams will be locked in a death struggle for the fifth and sixth playoff spots.  Pantsload could sneak into the mix.

edited to straighten columns.  Eliminated last week results.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Would this be a good time to point out that the owner of Cleveland Rocks did a lot of trash talking up to, during and after draft day? I wonder why he stopped. ???

By the way, my NJ Chubbs are playing the Pale Ale Hose in a battle of the top contenders this week. Yes, I probably do need a life, but I'll take my successes where I can find them.
    :D

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My Slapnuts squad has been up and down, but seems to be putting it together for the stretch run, after a dominant performance last week.

And yeah, how are those Indians doing?

4. Rambler

Rambler Member

Certainly a battle of the Titans this week, outofplace. I'm hanging on to first for dear life.

5. outofplace

I'm off to a heck of a start (10-0 after Monday) so I'm sure you'll kick my butt the rest of the week.

As long as I hold on to that first-round bye. All the money is for our finish in the playoffs, right? I completely forgot what the payouts are. I really should write stuff like that down.

6. Rambler

Rambler Member

Yeah, not the greatest night for me last night, for sure.

I can't remember about the payoff, either. Sadly, I normally don't need to worry about such things.

7. Winnin' Ugly has been, well, winnin' ugly.

But that money will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

8. outofplace

Same here. That's why I didn't write it down. :)

9. outofplace

I like this league, but we are coming up short in the banter department. Then again, given that the other league just had a post linking to man-boobs, that might be a good thing.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The other league?

There is only ONE SportsJournalists.com league. You folks would be the other league.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No, Some Idiots Allowed is THE other league.

That's some other other league.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I sit corrected.

Draft saved Draft deleted