1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com HS football tab exchange (change in first post, please read)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Angola!, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

All thanks go to Toby. All I ended up doing was starting a thread.

2. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

Papers went out Monday. If you participated, you should be receiving a large white envelope at some point this week — unless you're in Hawaii, where it may take longer. (Poor Hawaii.)

3. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

Drop me a line if there's interest in doing it again, perhaps for basketball previews.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'll be looking when I get in tomorrow around 5. I will begin taking hostages around 5:30. ;)

5. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I got mine. It's a humbling experience. Great job by a lot of papers. After a quick look, I am really jealous of Ann Arbor's Michigan/college section and the prep section from the Patriot-News. But I've only just begun to look over them and I am looking forward to every minute.

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I've already mentioned this to the person responsible for them, but I was absolutely blown away by the Patriot-News sections. My first thought was, "Wow ... so that's what a 'big-time' paper looks like."

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I just got mine today.

And I know I'm going to be doing some out-and-out stealing idea borrowing for next season.

8. jps

jps Active Member

mine aren't in just yet, but am looking forward to the reads.

9. BigJim5190

BigJim5190 Member

Got mine this morning. So much for doing work today. I'm really looking forward to this. I appreciate Toby for taking care of this.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Likewise. Toby, great job.

Draft saved Draft deleted