1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com football pick 'ems leagues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Aug 27, 2006.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Am I correct in assuming that the Pro Football Pick 'Em is on Yahoo or is it on another site?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yahoo!

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If Philly somehow covers tonight, Peace Love and Jerome Barkum will have had a week for the ages at 11-2-1.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

To bring a long dormant thread up top, I'd like to congratulate myself for dominating Webby's Wonderworld and clinching a victory with a week to spare. Sure, the number of active participants fell off of a cliff. Sure, only three people have made picks every week. But I've been in first place since week 3 or 4, back when there 20 or so people making picks.

Hooray for me.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Here's how good Webster was -- I was running second the final two months and didn't even bother doing my picks this past week. No matter how good of a week I had, he always one-upped me. I could never make up any ground.

Incredible season, Webster, in this league. Congrats.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was wondering who Peace, Love and Jerome Barkum was.

Amazing work, Webster. Too bad you scared the rest of the league off, including wimpy Oz. Poor widdle Oz might not even finish second now! :D :D I think Webster, Leo and I are the only ones to submit picks every week.

Shows how much I suck at this that it took an entire league quitting for me to finish in the top three...though I have had some pretty good weeks lately.

Congrats to Webster!

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If you're not first, you're last. [/Ricky Bobby]

Draft saved Draft deleted