1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com fantasy golf

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

No, Hank. I'm there. Comfortably ensconced in 13th place.

Updated it yesterday morning, after Feral Imp Central Scouting received its report :D

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Fucking Steve Stricker is killing me. My guys are all Top 10 so far, except for Strick - who's now making me waste Kenny Perry.
    I just subbed him out and if Strick lights it up, I'm gonna kill him.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Good thing I sat Stricker and started Perry from the start.

Right now, I have Lucas Glover (who's leading at minus-15) on the bench. I'm debating whether I want to waste a start by putting him in for the last two rounds.

I have Goosen (-7) and Cink (-9) in right now, so I'm still getting decent points.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's a long season. As long as you don't miss entire weeks, I wouldn't worry about who to play from day to day. Can't tell you how many times I've sat a guy only to have him go -6 the next day.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I resist the urge to use guys for only a round or two and then run out of starts later in the year. Of course, I'm the guy who sat Tiger in the U.S. Open two years ago to save him for later in the season and it ended up costing me first place.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I ended up staying with status quo, especially since both Goosen and Cink were doing so well.

It might have been a little tougher decision if one of the two starters were hacking it up at over par.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, the decisions get more interesting once you get out of the no-cut free-money zone this week.

8. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

i don't do much shifting around of the top-tier players. If I start mickelson, usually he's going to stay in my lineup all four rounds. But there are a lot of guys out there that won't come close to making 10 starts in my lineup, so i'll move them in and out of the lineup on a daily basis.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

FYI everyone -- Bob Hope Classic this week. Five-round event. Lineups need to be in by Wednesday morning, not Thursday morning per usual.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Excellent reminder, Cosmo.

I'm at this event and two years ago, I forgot to submit a lineup -- a Wonderlich move that defines the concept of stupidity.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Group is up for the 2011 season for people to join at their leisure:

ID: #1269
    Password: congressional

$5 Foot Longs are already signed up. Since that's all Tiger would buy his hos.

12. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

IS it okay if I join?

Draft saved Draft deleted