1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.COM exclusive: "Knocked Up" will be the biggest comedy since Wedding Crashers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Mar 14, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

No love yet for Seth Rogen, the terribly underrated Freaks and Geeks and 40-Year-Old Virgin sidekick? Dude is hilarious.

"You can fuck her while watching Murder, She Wrote. She'll like that."

I'd see this just to support the genius who wrote Freaks and Geeks.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com exclusive: \"Knocked Up\" will be the biggest comedy since Wedding Crashers

I adore Seth Rogan. I\'ll see this just for him.

3. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

He was also in a gone-far-too-soon show called Undeclared. It was awesome. netflix it.

4. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com exclusive: "Knocked Up" will be the biggest comedy since Wedding Cras

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117933072.html?categoryid=31&cs=1 (via Defamer)

"Knocked Up" is uproarious. Line for line, minute to minute, writer-director Judd Apatow's latest effort is more explosively funny, more frequently, than nearly any other major studio release in recent memory. Indeed, even more than the filmmaker's smash-hit sleeper "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," his new pic is bound to generate repeat business among ticketbuyers who'll want to savor certain scenes and situations again and again, if only to memorize punchlines worth sharing with buddies. Currently set for a June 1 release, this hugely commercial comedy likely will remain in megaplexes throughout the summer and, possibly, into the fall.

5. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

Rogan had the great line in 'Virgin' -- "My grandmother looks like Jack Palance."

6. david kaye

david kaye Member

I'm sure it's gonna be good, but that last comment is crazy.

7. BlacknGold

BlacknGold Member

YES!!! Rogen is fantastic, and he's a great writer himself. Freaks and Geeks was the greatest.

He had a great line in the second episode where all the kids are drinking non-alcoholic beer and Sam told his character, Ken, that the beer was non-alcoholic...
    "I know, I made 50 bucks playing quarters. This party rules."

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't know about that. Heigl is going to have a lot of draw for the 18-29 18-39 18-49 males.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com exclusive: "Knocked Up" will be the biggest comedy since Wedding Cras

Are we giving Judd Apatow and Seth Rogan credit for Freaks and Geeks? I know Apatow was the executive producer and wrote and directed a handful of episodes, but I'm pretty sure Paul Feig came up with the idea and did most of the writing.

10. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I always thought it was Feig as well.

Regardless of who gets credit for what, the whole troupe of Feig, Rogan and Apatow is gold.

Undeclared was a gem of a show, but it was gone so quick. Same for Freaks and Geeks.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Zyzzyx Road was filmed before she did Grey's, but it was released after she became popular on it.

There was a great story about it in Entertainment Weekly a month or two ago. It was released in one theater for one show, IIRC, somewhere in Texas. It made $30, but I think $10 or $20 of it was from the film's producers. I think only two people not involved in the flick were actually in the theater.

I forget all the details, but it's worth the read if you can find it online (I'm too lazy to try to find a link for y'all).

12. Heigl was also in "The Ringer" with Johnny Knoxville.

Draft saved Draft deleted