1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Cleveland tailgate outing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 25, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If any of the Cleveland contingent would like to get together for a tailgate before one of the Browns games, I would be happy to organize it. I'm thinking Sunday, Nov. 2 before the Ravens game or Thursday, Nov. 6 before the Broncos game.

Don't necessarily care about going to the game. Quality of the game doesn't matter -- Browns are out of it already if you ask me. It's just an excuse for the Clevelanders to meet up, drink some beer, and curse the ghost of Art Modell.

So drop me a line either in this thread, thru PM, or email. We'll see if we can get enough people to make it worth it!

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can we make it a Monday night game? I'm not usually in Cleveland during the weekend because the HR department is closed and all.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

4. TheSportsPredictor

You're not good enough for a Cleveland Browns tailgate outing!

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If it were a Monday night, I would think about taking a train there. Monday is my night off and I wouldn't mind training it back Tuesday for the back end of my days off. How far can East Penna and Cleveland be, any way?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Spnited is offline, but he texted me to tell me to tell you he'll be there!!!! :D :D :D

7. TheSportsPredictor

I would aim for the Monday night game vs. the Giants, except I work that day and the next and ain't getting out of it. So I am not putting anything together for that game.

8. TheSportsPredictor

I was expecting him to contact me thru Facebook. I figure we can put up a an SJFlyOverCountry.com banner and take a picture of the group in front of it for him!

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dude, use a sick day or two. You get 6 or 8 a year, right? C'mon. Gints in Cleveland for MNF? I'd so come for that.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That'd be a long train ride, chief.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, Xan, that's looking like a 15-hour ride each way on amtrak.

Draft saved Draft deleted