1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Christmas Party:knock twice and come inside... (running Xmas thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 24, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That explains where the stuff went from my mother's house... someone stole it...

2. One bottle of Clontarf, two sixes of TurboDog, and two growlers of Affligem Tripel.
    Can I come in now?
    Seriously, though, three years ago, I told y'all about Dr. Ed, the family friend who got the worst diagnosis possible -- pancreatic cancer. He and his wife were going to be the couple we hung out with when we all got old. Well, he's still alive, still was playing hoops three nights a week and making grand rounds up until a month ago, and he'll be here with the usual six-pack of Newcastle Brown Ale that he always brings to our parties. However, things have taken a sour turn in the last three weeks and it looks like this may be the last one he makes. Three operations and the chemo, and he just can't stay ahead of the motherfucker -- sorry, Ben -- that's killing him.
    Anyway, wherever you worship the next couple days, drop him a prayer, and somebody remember to bring the Newcastle so we can all raise a glass.
    Slainte, you all.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Up the Republic!

And a very merry Christmas to all of you on SJ.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Fens, sorry to hear that. Sounds like a fine man.

Wife called, has secured a Riesling of indeterminant origin. Details provided after I get back from the in-laws tonight.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Just found out Walmart "closes" at 6. If I get there by 5:30, I should be checked out by 8.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Lads and Lasses, I am bringing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alls I need now is a recliner with a footrest and I'm good to go.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, I'm going to pass on this party.

We have 26 inches of snow down and 10 more on the way tonight, so I'm not going anywhere.

Plus, whenever I visit my parents it is a cleansing time for my liver. They don't drink, so I don't drink.

Five days of nothing but coffee and water. My liver will love me come Saturday.

8. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

If I was at my mom's, I could raid her rather extensive liquor cabinet. She's got a lot of Chivas Regal -- gifts my accountant grandfather got from clients -- plus random liqueurs she must've picked up duty free over the years.

But I'm not... so I can only offer a lovely gift basket of mint-infused dark chocolate goodies. There's even hot cocoa mix in there.

I'll also volunteer to drive folks home... unless it's snowing. What's the weather in Tahoe right now, anyway?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well check in from time to time, would ya?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, I've had a visit from that little darling. I know.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

To all iTunes lovers out there, this made me laugh hard. NSFW

http://imagechan.com/images/48d892c6497e00d0034572393e24a50a.gif

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Am heading out to a Christmas Eve party with friends. Happy ho ho, everyone!

Draft saved Draft deleted