1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.COM AWARDS POLL: Jones wins Member of the Year

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 26, 2006.

?

Who is your choice for SJ.COM Member of the Year?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2007.
  1. BYH

8.5%
  2. Jones

25.5%
  3. IJAG

14.2%
  4. jason_whitlock

13.2%
  5. Bubbler

23.6%
  6. Buck

15.1%
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dooley backs bad candidates :D

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Eh, that sounds like it would take effort.

No thanks. I'll just bitch about it after the fact, like all good people my age after an election!

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The first year, hell yes I did. This past one, I had a much better one. Haven't considered my 2007 options yet.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Oh well, always a bridesmaid ...
    But that's another story, and it's probably too embarassing and personal to share.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Wouldn't bridesmaid be second? Third place is more like head usher.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't know. I've been to four weddings in my life, including mine, and I have absolutely no idea what was going on at that one.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

OK, I get where you're headed, so to speak. I'm an idiot.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

You fellow losers think you've got it bad. By any SportsJournalists.com standard, I have been proven a fraud several times over.

IJAG and Bubbler have won Member of the Year before. This was Buck's first go-round, so he gets a free pass. But this is my FOURTH straight trip down the aisle as a groomsman. I'm the Buffalo Bills of posters! Good enough to make four straight trips to the Super Bowl, where I am soundly thrashed. Somewhere out there is my Don Beebe, stripping the showboating pimp daddy of a vote at the goalline in order to make my defeat a shred less resounding.

BYH: Can't win the big one.

Sigh. If we only had a better campaign manager here than Dooley, I'd come up with a plan for next year. :D :D :D

9. pallister

pallister Guest

How about Herm Edwards leading your '07 campaign?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Then I'd back into the final five (or six) when a bunch of posters nuked themselves on Dec. 24.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

At least you've taken that trip down the aisle. Three years here, not so much as an honorable mention in any category but DyePack does for the MOY? And I might crack 10,000 by year's end.

I'm the Arizona Cardinals of posters!

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Whew. When you put it that way, Oz, that is some serious bullshit right there.

Oz in '07!

Draft saved Draft deleted