1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.COM All-purpose dating thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jul 24, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This is the multi-purpose dating thread. Have at it.

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Re: SJ dating Nation, I could use some input.

Call her and tell her you were just sitting there and thought you would give her a ring. That way she thinks you are interested because you didn't wait too long, but weren't going out of your way to do it, which would reek of desperation.

Or you could just ask her to the pants party.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Call tomorrow.

Put a time constraint that you only have so much to talk because you have something else to do. Keep it light and near when you think it's going to wrap up, see what she's doing for Saturday night.

Tell her you are going to "this and that place at this time" and you would like her to join you. If she agrees, say great and hang up, if she says she can't make it, tell her you'll talk to her later.

No need to waste too much time.

4. nibs price

nibs price Member

Park outside her house, do a bit of surveillance, make sure she isn't some psycho stalker... oh, wait...

Text her. Chicks dig texting. Smilies, especially.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?

Trent: A day.

Mike: Tomorrow.

Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.

Trent: Yeah.

Mike: So two days?

Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.

Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.

Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?

Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.

Trent: Yeah, two's enough not to look anxious. But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...

Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.

Charles: Then ask her where you met her.

Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we fucked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?

Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.

Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?

Trent, Sue: Six days.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well, I created this thread as I was parked outside her work. So, we already got that covered.

Just kidding. But seriously, I don't know if you are being sarcastic on the texting things.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I disagree.

Women text, men call. Always call to set up a date unless you have got to know her better. A text leaves it up to her to decide if she wants to respond or not. Calling is better because it's instant gratification and less easy to evade. If she doesn't answer her phone, or answers and hangs up, her loss.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She initiated contact. Thus, she risked reeking of desperateness. So return the favor, call soon and don't get caught up in this "I don't want her to think I really give a shit about her" game that 21st century humans should have evolved beyond.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

you're sure she was a girl? Did she have an Adam's apple?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Call when you feel like calling. Games are stupid, and I'm sure she's not looking to play them with you -- otherwise she wouldn't have given you her number.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Send her some picture mail. /seansalisbury

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Nah, a phone call is best.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted