1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.Com 2008 Presidential Endorsement Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Too early yet but at some point I think we as the membership of SJ .com should put party politics aside and come up with a candidate to back. We'll even let our friends from the North have a vote.

Not sure of process - perhaps we simply use survey feature. End result will be official SportsJournalists.com endorsement that we all agree on.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I endorse Moddy.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That is a great start. Moddy has a great knack for bringing people together - a much needed quality in today's politcal world.

He also know's when to use the bully pulpit and does not abuse it.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

For candidacy of the Tool Party, I endorse JDV.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

But Moddy, like George W., will put his support behind something and then refuse to budge, facts be damned.

See: Washington Nationals... :D

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fixed.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm conflicted because I think this country needs both a wise, older leader to see us through our current messes and a young energetic leader to energize the youth and provide a bold new vision to America's next leaders.

So, that's why I'm leaning toward a casty-CradleRobber endorsement.

8. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Thank you, Freelance, but in the tradition of Calvin Coolidge, I choose not to run (especially since I even have trouble walking). And Boom, you really think you can get agreement from this board? Good luck.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't blame me.

I voted for Kodos.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I would like to endorse 21. Her posts are simple, elegant and they rarely, if ever, fail the quality test. If you see a 21 entry, you know you’re going to get a thoughtful, meaningful post, and we need thoughtful, meaningful leadership.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yeah but we'd never elect a woman president. Too many of us would call it a quota election.

12. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Obama. I'm convinced his motivations are very pure - to make the country a better place.

I know that's simple and the cynics would say it's naive, but I really, really get that vibe from him.

Draft saved Draft deleted