1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Six-year-old hits hole in one

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jul 12, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Six-year-old-girl-makes-improbable-hole-in-one?urn=golf-wp3527

Been playing since 2?

2. GermanKeyser

GermanKeyser Member

Don't show my dad this, he'll be pissed. He's been trying to get his first for 50-plus years.

3. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

It's cool but what course has an 85 yard hole?

4. printdust

printdust New Member

I'd like to have seen the 2-year-old hit a 220-yard drive.

5. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Ya know, we had a seven-year-old pull this off a few weeks ago. It ran in agate with our other aces, with an age note. Guess we misplayed that one.

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Played a course outside of Augusta that has a sub-100 yard hole. Total length of the course is 6,200 iirc.

I mean, at six, I had already played two years, and with a bit of luck could have done the same thing, I guess. Aces involved more luck than skill, as evidenced by one I witnessed years ago. Guy slices a ball, ricochets off of a tree, hops a trap and drops.

I had my only ace when I was 16. That was 18 years ago, and I can still remember it clearly.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

My ace was on a 96-yard hole 17 years ago.

I skulled my pitching-wedge tee shot, and it landed just short of the green, barely made it on and rolled dead into the hole.

8. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

I knocked a wedge to about a two feet right of the hole on a 130-yarder last year and it spun left (as usual, I'm a lefty) and dropped. Only ace so far.

Hit the same exact shot twice this year, except both times the ball ended up 1-2 inches left of the hole, meaning it went right over the top.

I consider the first skill but the last two close ones unlucky. :)

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had my first ace when I was about the same age. It went through the windmill and straight into the hole. :D

10. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

You need to teach me the secret. That hole kills me... Even Chubbs gave up on me.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My boy got one when he was 7 on a similar hole; first time he'd been on a course where he could reach. He enjoys ribbing me about it because I've been playing for over 35 years and still dying for my first even though my index is the best its ever been; holes in one are just random.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You just cost that girl a scholarship!

Draft saved Draft deleted