1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Six injured in shooting at Louisiana move theater; shooter kills self

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If God so reveres the sanctity of all life, why is nature the way it is?

The "circle of life" is really the "circle of death."

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Is there one that recruits pregnant women to harvest their babies?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

But that's exactly what the dopey state legislatures want, legally required transvaginal probes for all pregnant women wanting an abortion.

The use code words like fetal heartbeat to cover their tracks but it is still the same thing.

And the courts kick those laws out and the legislators who proposed the illegal laws in the first place, rake in the campaign contributions.

Circle of cynicism is more like it.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, they should be allowed to be happy inside their anti-science cocoon.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Sometimes I'm baffled by the direction that threads on SJ take and I jump to the conclusion that they've been shoved down the toilet by the usual plungers.

This failure of insight on my part almost caused me to miss the subtle clandestine homage to the movie "Trainwreck" by some of the resident performance artists.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It shouldn't even be on the table. Women know why they're at the abortion office.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not all do. Planned Parenthood is often the first stop for women who think they may be pregnant, and many have described bring convinced into having an abortion.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sight? Site? Cite? Anyway, so those who have been brainwashed into having an abortion at PP should have to look at an ultrasound to balance the scales?

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Gotta do the research.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But that might mean ... Yahooing!

Come to think of it, we haven't had any Marissa Mayer updates in a while. I wonder how that nursery worked out for her.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Y'all, please go and hit up AltaVista before you go spouting off at me.

old_tony likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I would think a simple, "You're pregnant," would suffice.

Even if they wanted to offer them the option of an ultrasound in order for them to make their own decision, that would be fine as well. Contraire to the shriekers, it's not about them having an abortion. It's about them having the choice to have one.

But when they are forced to undergo an ultrasound, especially when it isn't necessary as it relates to the procedure, that is a problem. Just like with Terri Schiavo, it sets a precedent of the government mandating someone undergo medical care, possibly against their wishes. Now, there are cases, of course, of mandated care for kids when the parents don't want it, but the government can argue that there is an overriding need for that control. They can't argue that with mandated ultrasounds because there isn't an overriding necessity.

Draft saved Draft deleted