1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Six Degrees

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Nov 9, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I set my DVR to record Six Degrees tonight. The digital cable program menu showed that a new episode was airing, but Desparate Housewives aired in its place. My initial thought was that they canceled Six Degrees without bothering to change this week's TV schedules.

Does anyone have the scoop?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No. But I hope you're wrong. I enjoy the show.

EDIT: According to abc.com, it's off until sometime in January.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the serial dramas are falling by the wayside left and right.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Yup. I just found the same info. Apparently, it wasn't doing well sharing a time slot with Shark and ER. I certainly think it's a great show. I haven't seen anything overly cheesy or unrealistic to this point, and I've been pleasantly surprised to see that it's somewhat upbeat. I need that after watching CSI.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

In other words, the show is dead. Better hope there's a DVD release.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

damn. like tom brady, i need my bridget moynihan fix!! 8) 8)

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Many of the shows are going off for awhile because they don't want to lose viewers by showing reruns. Maybe, just maybe things will be OK. I know it's hard to go against ER, but I really didn't think Shark was doing that much better than Six Degrees.

That just sucks.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The November ratings book started one week ago so nothing is in reruns. If a show is pulled right now it's because ratings are bad and they think they can plug in something else that will do better. It's a pretty bad sign. The show's probably dead, unless they try to burn off the episodes later and the ratings magically pick up.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Lost just got pulled until February.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

This is probably already on the Lost thread regarding the break, but I haven't seen the new episode yet and don't want it ruined like fucking Simmons ruined last week's episode. Some of us work at night, you stupid motherfucker.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/arts/television/08lost.html?_r=1&ref=television&oref=slogin

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was part of the plan...to alienate the remainder of its viewership by making it wait three months between episodes.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was planned in advance. I have no idea why, because it's an absolutely horrid sweeps strategy from the network.

Draft saved Draft deleted