1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Six dead in mall shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mannheimadler, Feb 13, 2007.

1. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Sorry if this is a double post. I did a search and didn't find anything.

Scary stuff. A man walks into a SLC mall and starts firing randomly at people with a shotgun. Five victims, plus the shooter, makes six fatalities with other victims still in critical condition.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=888784

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Messed up.

Ides, hope the family's OK.

3. A quick death was too good for this piece of shit.

RIP to the five victims and condolences to their families. :'(

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's terrible news.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

We're good.

I'm in the office tonight working on the desk and it's crazy. Second ammendment or not, I'd love to see the world without guns.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

In other words, if you're not police or military securing "a free State," you shouldn't have fucking guns!

7. I've often wondered why, if we have a Department of Motor Vehicles, why don't we have a Department of Firearms that registers and keeps track of all the damn things like we do cars? If we have to have them, you'd think we'd take half the time to trace them like we do vehicles.

Possession of a gun without a license? Jail. Possession of a gun without a serial number? Jail. Can't tell me where you got the damn thing? Jail. Of course, that would load the prisons up ... I didn't say it was a perfect idea.

8. That would work well for all guns (legally) sold now and in the future. But what about the millions of fucking things in circulation now?

And this is coming from someone who favors a handgun ban; I just think it's a legitimate question.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Spnited, why do you hate America?

10. Garner

Garner Member

Sure is scary. I hope the family's okay out there spudman and agree 100% about taking guns off people. Trying to see something about this on the news but Anna's on every channel.

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

This is what's always mystified me about all the talk of supposed elaborate terrorist plots like crashing planes into nuclear reactors. With the ready availability of guns in this country, it would be extremely easy for this kind of nightmare to play out day after day all across the USA. It would wreak havoc on the country's peace of mind and our economy if people believed every time they went to the mall they might not make it home. Thank god no one's started coordinated attacks at the same time in fifty food courts yet, but I fear they'll figure out eventually how simple to execute that type of plot would be.

12. That's what I'm saying ... they shoulda done it 30 years ago ... you can do it now ... youse gots to starts somewheres.

Draft saved Draft deleted