1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Situation...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TX Writer, Nov 7, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I didn't.

But I will bet that of the hundreds who have read this thread, one person e-mailed his boss, not even saying anything, and just included the link. That presumes his boss doesn't even post here and didn't see it on his own.

I don't know if I'll call it sad. You toss that out there on a public forum, clumsily like Mr. Writer did, and you're asking for trouble.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Did someone here burn Gee? If so, that's sad, too. It goes directly against what I believe is the spirit of this board.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Of course they did.

This is not an e-mail only list. This is a public message board. You say something, someone will take advantage of your mistake.

It's why you always have to act as if you're signing your name to your posts, even though most of us don't.

I've had stuff posted here come back to bite me, and I've learned the hard way.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm betting the guy will take the job at the 5K, if it's offered.

And sometimes an ASE is named at a small paper to appease the individual, so he or she can use it on a resume, too -- along with what Angola said earlier.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

i agree it's stupid, but that doesn't mean someone should try to take you down, right?

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

If he were smart, he'd just go in and nuke his profile.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Still would keep the post there, and I'm sure he's been outed to his boss by now.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I guess a 21K paper in Texas needed an ASE.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Oh yes, it's too late now.

If he had erased all pertinent info in his profile immediately, he wouldn't have been outed.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I wouldn't call it outing. You can't out someone who has their name, location and personal e-mail listed in their profile. More like pointing out his carelessness.

Draft saved Draft deleted