1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI's "The (city) Collection"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Satchel Pooch, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Just picked the Cleveland one up at the ol' grocer. Seems like a nice concept: Collect all the great SI stories about a given city and put out a special edition.

This one has LeBron and Jim Brown on it. Can't wait to tear into it.

Anyone else pick up their city's? Despite it costing $7?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Are they all the same size or would New York's be bigger than Cleveland's? It sounds like a cool idea, but since I am sure the only one I can get locally is Dallas' I think I will pass.

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Good question. I can't imagine NY's being the same size as Cleveland's, which is about the same size of a largish regular SI.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no. seattle's is four pages long.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Four pages is a bit much. All they have is UW's split national title, the Sonics' two titles, the Seahawks Super Bowl trip and the Mariners' 116-win season that resulted in a five-game loss to the Yankees in the ALCS.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

If it is history over just the past 20 years or so, Kansas City's might be on a postage stamp. :p

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the sonics have won two titles?

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My bad, one. Hey, that was before I was born.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

would be cool if you wanted one that's not in your area, post and someone there could get it for you

does atlanta's include uga? if so, i'd like one of those. will be in kc to see family this week, so i'll get to pick that up myself

10. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

If Cleveland's is like a big regular issue, I'm sure Seattle's will be similar. They can certainly pad it out with coverage of the Storm's WNBA title.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

awwww, the storm. musta been the second title to which 'gola was refering.

12. awriter

awriter Active Member

Maybe not. Remember Kansas, Kansas State and Mizzou are part of the coverage area.

Draft saved Draft deleted