1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sirius/XM Merger Approved

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by StormSurge, Mar 24, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Sadly, I would too.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

XM celebrated Larry King's 50 years in broadcasting a couple of years ago by re-airing a buncha old Larry radio shows from his Mutual Broadcasting days. If they devoted an entire channel to old King radio shows I might never change the channel. Despite the fact that the guy has become a cartoon charcter in his late days, he was fantastic as a late night talk show host.

"We're going to Duke Zeibert's after the show tonight, where crabcakes are on the menu..."

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

You know I would.
    If the new XM-Sirius dumps Casey, I am going to be PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last year, I toured XM's HQ in DC and it is an incredible place. Beyond cool.
    People I met were great.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't even say that. Just...don't...say...it.

The concept of AT40 is sadly outdated these days, for a variety of reasons, but it was so perfect back in the day. The trivia questions Casey would ask can be answered in 10 seconds online these days, and the chart minituia (sp) can be found in numerous places, but man, I ate that shit up as a kid. I liked the arcane bits as much as the actual countdown.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't need that kind of radio crack in my life. I don't think that's an addiction I could handle.

One of these days, BYH, we should do a running thread on an AT40 countdown as it happens. Pure entertainment.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As long as Howard Stern stays on the air forever that's all I care about...

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I get a kick out of hearing him run down the stations that were carrying AT40 back then. I wonder how many of them are still around.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

For all those who have XM, AT40 will be on the 80s on 8 tonight (Thursday) starting at 10 p.m. The show will be from March 28, 1987.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

That would rule.

Maybe when my wife accompanies her class on an overnight trip to DC in the spring. Cause there's no way to explain this one away. "Honey can you be quiet please? Bubbler and I are doing a live BLOG!!! of an American Top 40 from 20 years ago. Where are you going and why are you taking the cats?"

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Debuting at No. 39, here's 'Go Insane' by Fleetwood Mac ..."

(I'm totally guessing.)

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

"We're going to Duke Zeibert's after the show tonight, where crabcakes are on the menu..."

"And I will bounce a few checks to Duke and leave town"

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

dumbass! Go Insane was a Lindsey Buckingham solo song from 1984!

no wonder it took until the 1990s for me to detect the scent of a woman.

Draft saved Draft deleted