1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sirius/XM Merger Approved

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by StormSurge, Mar 24, 2008.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Personally for me, XM gets a one-up because they bought the old AT40 shows with Casey Kasem. God, that takes me back to Sunday mornings growing up as a kid in the 1970s and 1980s.

That, and the MLB package. Sirius has the NCAA tournament rights, but if you look long and hard a terrestrial station may have it on.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I hear Walk a lot on Da Boneyard. I'll be honest, it's the only Pantera song I know, but I love it.

3. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Stern sucks. O&A PARTY ROCK!!!!!!!!

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

The top 40 shows are terrific. I have an hour commute home from work every night, and it's fun to listen to, even though I'm not old enough to remember any of those shows live.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I was listening to an AT40 rerun a few weeks ago on the way home from a work trip. Casey comes back from a song with this little intro:

"Now, making their top-40 debut is a five-man band from Marin County, California. Here's Huey Lewis & The News with 'Do You Believe In Love...'"

It was kinda cool to hear.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's also cool to hear the Long Distance Dedications and wonder what happened to the dorks who sent them in.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

She finally left him because he was just too damn hotheaded. Married one of his friends and lives in Atlanta now.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

There was one recently that some girl had sent something in about her life and the relationship she was in and her newborn son... and all I could think of is if that guy was listening to the XM show 25 years later and is like... hey wait a minute, I think that's my mom!

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'll co-sign on this.

Makes me feel really old. I used to actually look forward to listening to that show when I was a kid.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

11. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Thank you Hustle ... I was waiting for someone to post that once this thread got to AT40. Made my day.

I'm a big XM fan. Lots of great talk radio, including Kornheiser, though I want to shoot myself in the head when he does his play-by-play of American Idol ... like I give a rat's ass what he wrote in his "notes."

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wish XM would devote an entire station to AT40 reruns. I'd listen to that all day and night.

Draft saved Draft deleted