1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sirius 29: AC/DC Radio

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And there were plenty of spare channels to put Angus and the boys, Babs. Didn't need to be either/or.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Did you just call me Babs?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Looked it up; Mandatory Metallica runs through Sept. 30.

They've already killed U-Pop and one of the non-disco, non-chillout dance channels temporarily. And nothing of value was lost.

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

AC/DC channel ain't a bad idea. Could get a bit repetitive.Anything but ABBA.

My Sirius has been out for a couple of weeks. Always says "acquiring signal." I'm taking it to get the antenna replaced. I've got the receipt from installation, so it's free..

Why can't there be a Jerry Reed channel in honor of one of the greatest musicians of all-time? Or maybe, a Buddy Guy channel?

5. ArnoldBabar

Sounds like with the merger anything could happen. Apparently Ron and Fez will become a Sirius-first show with it appearing on XM two weeks delayed.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah. Or a Night Ranger channel!

7. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

When I was little kid, Nana drove a white Jag around La Jolla with tags that read AC/DC 1 — her and her husband's initials.

I remember that teenager noticed the nice ride and tags at a gas station, then asked, "So, you with the band?"

Nana, the smart-ass that she was, replied with a completely straight face...

"Yeah," she said. "I'm their mother."

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Just want to add to the chorus of those proclaiming the virtues of the Bon Scott years.

Even if much of it sounds the same, AC/DC has enough material to sustain a channel. Metallica doesn't, unless live bootlegs are included.

As for XM, I really acquired a taste for their prog rock station this summer. Loved the 20-minute old-school Genesis and Rush stuff. Then they replaced it with the all-Coldplay station, which musically is like going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

9. ArnoldBabar

Hey dickhead, they're trying to not go bankrupt.

10. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Add me to the Bon Scott fan club. Only need to hear one note and you know it's him, and you know the song is going to kick you right in the ass and get your blood moving. No band rocked it like AC/DC. What could have been...

11. Smartwriter

Smartwriter Member

I also see no reason why it either has to be Fungus or AC/DC. They could have at least waited until the Metallica channel ended and then put AC/DC on.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Thomson, you are clearly a Problem Child....

Draft saved Draft deleted