1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SINGLE-ISH, but not necessarily now: What's your dealmaker

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It wasn't my dog, it was my folks' dog. I had cats at the time as I was living in an apartment.

I brought the future Mr. Rosie home to meet my parents. I drove his car for the hour and a half trek.

My folks live in out in the woods, we pull in the driveway.

Mr. Rosie gets out right away to get something out of the trunk and as I'm grabbing my purse, I look up to see my mom's 125 lb. doberman streak out of the house, right towards my boyfriend of a couple months.

That dog did not like strangers. Ever. At all. Strange car? This wouldn't be good.

After a nano-second cringe, I got out of the T-bird at breakneck speed, hollering at the dog. I fully expected to see shredded, bloody remnants of my boyfriend strewn behind the vehicle.

Instead, that horse of a dog was acting like a little puppy -- as happy as could be -- as Mr. Rosie petted and talked to him.

I was stunned.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Awesome, Rosie.

Shep will love just about anyone but, because he's a big boy, people shy away from him. It's how they react and then act towards him that matters to me. He's a big ball of love and, if someone can't find it in his heart to return the love he gives, I don't want him anywhere near me.

3. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Not official yet, but dating for 3 years. I knew she was at least GF-worthy when she got more pissed off than I did after our alma mater lost in basketball and/or football. Plus she's a huge Ravens fan. Though I'm a Skins fan, I gotta appreciate a girl who looks damn good in a NON-PINK jersey, and knows what she's talking about.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You tease! I'm back on the market now, too :D

And IJAG, well played.

5. My wife has an infectious laugh, the passion of an activist, a don't-take-shit-from-nobody attitude and a deep love and understanding of football, albeit college.

Throw in blue eyes and I was hooked.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Girls look hot in football jerseys. That is all.

7. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I just knew the moment we shared a bed together. not a damn thing happened except we laid there talking about everything possible.
    we both eventually dozed off, don't even remember falling asleep, and enjoyed one of the best night's sleep I've ever had.

8. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Agreed. Why is that, though?

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

'cause they look good in ANYTHING when the shirt is all they're wearing!

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

If I can talk to the other person for hours at a time then I know that we have enough in common to give it a shot.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Indeed.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Compassion, excellent taste in music and a love of animals.

Really, what more do you need?

Draft saved Draft deleted