1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

since we're all big into Wall Street, it may interest you to know...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Feb 27, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wow. Just can't admit to being wrong, huh?

2. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Actually, the cause has been tallied to some "computer glitch" that made it impossible for stock transactions to go through in their normal course, which caused the market to plunge. It had very little to do with people actually taking money out of the market, but nice try, Bush bashers!

3. Dignan

Dignan Guest

All I know is my 401K took an $800 hit yesterday. :mad:

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

On a semi-unrelated note, gas prices here have jumped 30 cents in three weeks.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Prophetic.
    DOW established another new record yesterday, less than two months after the 500-point hit. It's knocking on the door of 13,000.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

"I am not a destroyer of companies. I am a liberator of them! The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

We're getting more of the two-tiered economic society under Bush: Record Dow numbers = huge $$$ for the big-wigs, but more McJobs and less pensions for Joe Sixpack.

8. zagoshe

"The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullshit. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own."

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yep. That'd be about it.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

One of the more off-base posts of 2007, which is saying a lot.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Bushie will make sure he takes care of his 'base,' that's for sure.

12. zagoshe

"What's worth doing is worth doing for money. I'm gonna make you rich, Bud Fox. I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing."

Draft saved Draft deleted