1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Signage on outfield wall at Wrigley Field

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Isn't Wrigley named for a company? If so, that Under Armor ad would only be an extension of Wrigley's roots. If they removed the ivy, that would be something else.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

At least Wrigley has been on the name of the facility for years and the name of the stadium isn't a rotating billboard like some facilities. That way, at least everybody except Jeff Gordon can remember the name of the stadium.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Technically Wrigley is actually named after one of the Wrigleys who owned the team, not their company.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

A_QB, have you called the Cubs to find out how much the going rate is for advertising on the "wall?" I bet you can get a discount once you let them know the three words in your ad:

FUCK YOU DUSTY

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was desperately hoping somebody in one of the apartments across Waveland would hang a "Dusty Baker Sucks Sweaty Goat Balls" banner from their window last season.

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That just doesn't look right.... but along with the "Bud Light Bleachers," I guess something's gotta pay for Carlos Zambrano's contract extension.....

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

UA--UnAcceptable

8. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

What's next, a scoreboard so you can actually see replays?

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Can't see it real well, but there's an ad on the 37-foot not-yet-green wooden wall here:

[​IMG]

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

11. Sly

Sly Active Member

I nominate Football Bat for Genius of the Year.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I though the sign would say, "Kerry Wood slipped here."

Draft saved Draft deleted