1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sid Rosenberg's Mormom coments...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by daytonadan1983, Jun 5, 2010.

1. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Since I live in Utah and did/do all the Mormon stuff, I'm intrigued to hear what everyone else thinks about the Sid Rosenberg Mormon comments ...

Some friends out here asked for my perspective and I said "sometimes you have to forgive people simply for being douchebags..."

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Mormons are a peculiar people and as one, it's not something to shy away from. I've heard worse.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, what did he say?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dayton - how do you expect us to comment if you don't tell is what he said?

You said you did all the "Mormon stuff" -- what does that mean? Do you have 3 wives?

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It happened during an interview with Carlos Boozer.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700037254/Utah-Jazz-Carlos-Boozer-defends-Utah-in-Miami-radio-interview.html?s_cid=rss-32

6. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

No, but combine my two marriages and my total is two wives and a combined seven kids -- that means I've met quota.

And my apologies, I thought it was more of a national media news story.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

A talk radio guy said something stupid and highly offensive? Well, knock me over with a feather.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So Sid Rosenberg and Helen Thomas walk into a bar....

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

A talk radio guy who is known to be a "recovering" alcoholic, coke addict, compulsive gambler.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . . and a guy who thinks it's his just due that he replace Fatso on the FAN when Mikeeeeeee retires.

There aren't many people on this earth as repulsive as Sid the Skid.

11. GRUDGE

GRUDGE Member

I was about to post this. Great minds. LOL

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I was hearing about 20 minutes of Sid on my morning drive to work each day until they moved his show.

I know he has a very questionable past, and he's got a big ego and is horribly insecure -- but god help me, I kind of like him.

I'll give him this: He asks questions of people that others would only think of asking but never would. Perhaps because he's a dick, but the result is the same: Some interesting answers.

Draft saved Draft deleted