1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sick pussy: Comic book edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2007/02/13/tinpan-httpi70photobucketcomalbumsi99ma/
    http://www.comixexperience.com/savblog/2007/02/well-i-didnt-see-that-death-of-mary.html

In the Spider-Man comic book, Spider-Man's radioactive semen kills Mary Jane

2. I fell for it again.
    Ick.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow. Just wow. That being said, we might want to modify the thread title just a tad for work purposes.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So when his Spidey Sense is tingling, is that just his cancer jizz firing up?

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Hey........sick pussy is trademarked, dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

so long to the willing suspension of disbelief. Seriously though, if the dude was turned wacky by a spider bite, it stands to reason his essence would glow green. But hey, at least Mary Jane went with a smile on her face, right?? :)

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Didn't he and Mary Jane get married ages ago? Why is he just now figuring out his sperm is radioactive?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It appears to be a slow buildup. Not like one stream killed her.

9. You know, 10 or so years ago I thought the conversation in "Mallrats" -- about whether Superman needed to use a Kryptonite condom to have sex with Louis Lane -- was just a funny parody about comic book geeks (and I was one in high school). Is parody now becoming reality? When did killing off Robin or having the Joker put someone in a wheelchair stop being controversial enough for comics?

Either I've just really dated myself and, on the comic geek scale, I'm just an old fart who doesn't understand the modern culture, or there are some writers out there who really need to start dating.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Comic books are tearing apart the moral fiber of this country and should be banned.

11. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Amazingly, comic books were actually aimed (at least moreso) towards kids 20 years ago and were actually better written, had better art and weren't the flailing piece of crap they are today.

12. I still hold a passing interest in comics, and have often thought about picking up the latest issues of the books I used to read. But I haven't seen anything that approaches the level of "The Dark Knight Returns" or "The Watchmen" -- books that actually drew the label of "literature" and greatly increased the comic medium's level of credibility. Instead, graphic novels are common occurrences and are no longer special must-reads, and most of the industry (Marvel in particular) seems like one gigantic parody of itself.

Again, I'm probably just older and out-of-touch. But I haven't seen anything in 10 years that has driven me want to pick up a comic and rediscover the excitement and fantasies that once drew me to them.

Draft saved Draft deleted