1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sick, perverted middle-school football coach

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Aug 11, 2006.

1. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

To be honest, I really feel sorry for the teacher and guys like him.

He's a victim too.

I'm lucky. I just happen to be attracted to brunette women who are 5-7 to 5-10, 120 to 140 pounds, athletic looking, and plus or minus three years of my age. I've had sex with (from in front and behind, with her at top and me on top), whacked off to, fantasized about, and once even orgied with people who fit this category of what I'm attracted to. And neither you nor the law has problems with that.

But there are other people who just happen to be attracted to middle school aged boys. Just like I can't help being attracted to what I previously described, this middle school teacher can't help being attracted to who he's attracted to.

We can call him sick, perverted, whatever, but if the law or you told me I can't have sex with a cute 5-8, 130-pound brunette soccer player who's 25 years old and attracted to me, I'd go to extremes (i.e. Internet chat rooms) to hook up with her too.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As long as they're of legal age and they're hooking up with you of their own free will, it's all good.

If not, it's not. As you well know.

Since, I'll take the leap to assume, you are not currently facing sexual assault charges, obviously you've modified your behavior accordingly.

3. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I guess here's the difference...

Most folks of sound mind would, if not bypass the act because of the consequences, enter into said act with a full awareness of what the consequences could be.

My question is about those who may possibly have a psychological problem with separating the act from the consequences. This is why some murderers are let go by dirnt of insanity. I know certain psychologists believe sociopathy is the result of chemical imbalances, much like the ones believed to cause depression. Others think there could be a genetic piece to the puzzle.

What I'm trying to say is this: Most medical professionals now widely accept that, in certain cases, depression can be severe enough that only medication - along with intense therapy - can control it. That, clinically speaking, a person cannot resist the "urge" to feel depressed simply through sheer will.

What if there is a similar population in terms of pedophilia? By all means, let's lock these bastards up. But let's also study them, rather than just dismissing them as sick, deviant bastards. I'm not saying a "cure" can be found, but maybe similar behaviors can be discovered. Thanks to research, most criminologists now believe there are certain specific signs of sociopathic behavior that pop up in childhood. Decades ago, we weren't sure of this.

Of course, there are acres of difference between serious flaws in the brain and some predator crying about "needing help" simply because he got caught.

Wow...orgies, huh? Can we hang?

4. boots

boots New Member

Remember, in Amerikkka, you are innocent until proven guilty.

5. busdriver

busdriver Member

Don't mean to bring up a "db? " thread but in my position at work I see no room for anybody who may have a problem with wanting to have sex with a child.And it only makes my job harder. and as far as them having a mental problem, would that not be like a have a drinking or drug problem well I need help? and than maybe I wouldn't do or think about it. WRONG. These people need not to be in our schools, or around our children. and what about back ground checks I had to have one and it took 3 weeks to come back, or maybe I just happen to work for a school that really cares about their kids. these kinds of things really tick me off and even though I may be a newbie and not all up to date with every thing on here have no fear i will voice my thoughts about any thing that will effect my job and make it any harder than it is.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I don't think anyone here -- at least I hope this is true -- has a problem with keeping people like that away from our children, and if there were a more surefire way to check and prevent ahead of time, we'd gladly pay extra for such a way.

However, people like this have a real problem and I know I'd rather find a way to treat them BEFORE they commit a crime, not divert them from where they'll have contact with children. That only diverts the problem to another location.

I absolutely do not excuse, condone or forgive this coach if it's proven he's guilty. But I REALLY wish there had been a way to really fix him before this ever actually happened.

7. busdriver

busdriver Member

OK. and I understand where you are coming from but yet still doing what I do it does make it harder on me in my job that we are under constant supervision with the children and every word we say is condemed and we would have to walk the plank so fast it would make anybodies head spin and you maynot even mean to say it, or you may not even realized you said it. but as far as going a step further with preventing put cameras in the school room and hallway. if you have no worries about who you are you won't even know that they are their.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I made it to paragraqph No. 3 and that was it... :p

9. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

"He seems like a decent, involved person," Darden said. "I keep hoping somehow there's been some kind of misunderstanding."

Yeah, misunderstanding. Okay. Excuse me while I puke. Both were a bit much for me.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

not to trivialize pedophilia, but if you're someone turned on by say women's feet, and i'm not, well, the foot fetish guy didn't choose to be turned on by women's feet. i think pedophilia is the same in that there's no choice.

but there is a choice to act on the fetish. i would guess 99 percent of guys with foot fetishes probably don't go around sucking on random women's feet. who knows? maybe most pedophiles don't actually act on those urges. but the person with pedophilia proclivities has no excuse for acting on those feelings.

Draft saved Draft deleted