1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sick, perverted middle-school football coach

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Aug 11, 2006.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I feel sick after reading that first story. Don't even want to open the second.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

One lists his address as 113 Hampton Court, the other lists it as 133 Hampton Court. Someone in one of those houses knows how Eddie Johnson feels right now. The Suns broadcaster, not the ex-Hawk. Well, maybe the ex-Hawk, too, considering one of those houses is correct... now I'm getting confused.

4. part-timer

part-timer Member

Now he's made the other 27,706 niceguyfromncs look bad.

5. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

This is where I stopped reading the first story and decided I needed a shower:

"At 10:30 a.m. that day, Jones arrived at the boy's house in a black Ford Explorer with a tube of KY Jelly, two condoms and a digital camera, according to the warrants."

How I even made it that far, I'm not entirely sure.

The idea that this doesn't even warrant an automatic prison sentence is pretty sickening.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Squidly, that's where my stomach turned as well, when they started talking about the KY, condoms, movies, etc.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Do these people not think they are going to get caught?

Wednesday night, in a county near mine, a sting operation was held to capture sexual predators online.  One of the TV Stations had an exclusive on it, I think, but they showed everything including the arrests.  The men were tackled by police and then said "We were just going to talk, I swear!"

I don't get it.  What's so appealing about it?  Why doesn't this hold a mandatory prison sentence!?!  We have a lot of problems with men going to meet other men in a local park and the men just keep coming back.  One of them is a prominent man in the community and he's been arrested twice for going out there.  Is this an addiction?  Do they have a mental disease?  It's crazy that anyone would do this after the national coverage it has received.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Any addition could be classified as a mental disease. That being said, I do indeed think addiction might be the issue for some of these habitual losers.

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

There's a lot of theory out there that such behavior is in fact a mental disease. Some even say it could be addictive.

Which I suppose has me torn. I believe people like the gentleman we're talking about need to be blasted to the outer rings of jupiter, never to be seen again. On the other hand, if this stuff can be examined as a psychological problem rather than a criminal act, then maybe there's a chance it could be one day treated.

Of course, until that day, a lifetime's-worth of prison ass-poundings sit just fine with me.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Stop.

No mental disease, addiction excuses/crutches.

Wrong is wrong. Sex with a child is wrong.

No exceptions.

We need Starman on this thread, stat.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought we were no longer criminalizing men meeting up with other men. Is public sex involved here?

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I understand what Atypical is saying. He's NOT excusing this kind of behavior. What he is saying is, if we can find out if this is a treatable issue/addiction/illness, then let's find a way to treat it so kinds AREN'T victimized.

Draft saved Draft deleted