1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI: Top 25 most hated teams of all-time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Call me a Big 10 hater, but I was kind of surprised THE Ohio State didn't have a team on there. I agree with Miami being there, agree with the Raiders, Patriots, Flyers, et al but I would think at least one of the Buckeye teams should have made it. How about this past year's bowl team even after those violations were discovered?

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

That Leafs one gets even more galling since one of the listed offenses was wrecking that goon Michael Peca. That guy was simply reviled.

3. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Aside from this year's squad, most of their teams were pretty boring going through the season.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The list shows it has to less to do with won-loss records than people running their yaps. Noticed no Steelers, Cowboys or Celtics on the list.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I hated that team, but I loved watching them. The clip of Bird chucking a fastball at Laimbeer's head from 15 feet away is one of my favorite all-time NBA clips ever.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Depends whether you're a hockey or basketball fan. Personally I'd move the Flyers up to the Leafs spot

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Cowboys were No. 3

I thought that might be the answer. I guess just from the arrogance of the fans I dislike the team, so they have a strike against them from me right there. I guess they just aren't as publicly vocal as some other teams (Miami for example). Thanks

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Laimbeer's career record: Started 325 fights, finished 2.

His favorite bitch moves: Slap somebody in the back of the head, then run behind Mahorn or Isiah.
    Laimbeer's career record: Fights started, 287. Fights finished, 2.

(Spud Webb and Joe Barely Cares.)

His favorite bitch move: Slap somebody in the back of the head (or knee somebody in the back of the thigh), then run behind Mahorn, or Isiah.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If the Really Rottens from Laff-a-lympics aren't in there, that list is useless.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A good way to figure out the top ones is what jumps out right off the top of your head:

--The Broad Street Bullies Flyers of the 1970s.
    --The Bird Celtics or the Magic Lakers, depending on which side of the divide you were on.
    --The Hurricanes under Jimmy Johnson.
    --Notre Dame under Weis
    --The Jolters and the Red Devils[/oldschoolrollerderby]

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I couldn't hate the East German women's swim team. Too worried they're smother me in their beards.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think the woman Care Bear posts all the time was on that team

Draft saved Draft deleted