1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI Sportsman of the Year: Who Ya Got?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 13, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

STOP SAYING THINGS THAT I CAN AGREE WITH!!!!

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm not surprised. I'm more disappointed I didn't think of it myself, because that's a great pick.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Would have been a great pick in 2008. This year, Federer should be an easy choice.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Although i agree he would have been a great pick for 2008, Bolt's a great pick again this year. Last year he was a phenomenon. This year he solidified his status as a legend. he was no flash in the pan. He broke the records he set at the Olympics. And has done it clean in a sport that has arguably been the dirtiest in the pantheon of sports.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Whoa, Nelly. You know he's done it clean? How, exactly?

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

What test has he failed? I believe he's still innocent until proven guilty, although in this world we like to convict him before he even fails a test.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sorry, Zenyatta (Mondatta) win in 1979.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Serena Williams.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Only interested in results over God-made track surfaces, thanks.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Funny.

Must remind that Time's far more to the right than Newsweek is.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

don't see bolt. too risky for turning out to be proven dirty at some juncture, sad to say.

jeter-fun teasing aside, i'd guess federererrrrr would be a safe, marketable front-runner for the decision makers.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And here I had resisted my urge to suggest Roethlisberger earlier on. I hate when they pick groups or teams, but I could actually see how they would sell that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted