1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI on JaMarcus Russell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

A JaMarcus Russell delivery that reached its intended target. The Mayans might have been right about 2012.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

SAT Question No. 58:

JaMarcus criticizing Brees' fundamentals is like ???? (Jeff Mathias criticizing Piazza's (no good hitting C's these days) hitting)

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

How can someone with such a tiny, non-functioning brain get so lucky as to get someone else to give him all that money?

What line do I stand in for my turn?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

There's really no reason to turn real-world intelligence into a factor here. Many very smart quarterbacks have failed, and Terry Bradshaw is in the Hall of Fame.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That's just racist Mark being racist.

6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I always presumed Bradshaw's stupidity was a well-planned act to make him seem more affable as a player, announcer and endorsement opportunity.

America loves the chuckling dimwit. It's a good gig if you can manufacture yourself into one.

But I'm sure you guys have been around Bradshaw more than me and know if it's real or not.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Based on his work in the booth with Fox, Troy Aikman also doesn't appear to be any sort of MENSA candidate, and he's got three Super Bowl rings.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/03/24/wonderlic-test/index.html

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You don't have any skills that anybody would pay for, which you can add to a long list of things that you don't have.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'll do you one better. Joe Montana is not what I'd consider an intellectual by any definition, yet he's the greatest of all time.

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think Bill Walsh said it best. A quarterback needs to achieve a threshold where he he has the arm strength to make the throws necessary to be successful. Montana and Young did not have cannon arms but they did not hang the deep post. Pat Haden did hang the deep post and was not a particualry successful quarterback. But once the threshold is reached then it becomes relatively unimportant to the success of a quarterback.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The degrees to which Montana made the Niner system, and vice versa (given the remaining Niner talent), is one of the great topics of all time.

Draft saved Draft deleted