1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI: Oklahoma State football players got sex, drugs and money

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 8, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But enough about Dez Bryant.

http://newsok.com/sports-illustrated-to-reveal-alleged-improprieties-in-osu-football-program/article/3880554

Story hasn't dropped yet, but the Oklahoman report says hostesses gave it up to recruits, grades were fixed, drug policies weren't followed, and the coaches ran a bounty program administered by Joe DeForest, now an assistant at West Virginia. And some other stuff that basically you'd assume was part of the program at Oklahoma State.

School says it all happened between 2001 and 2007. That would include the tenure of one Les Miles.

Fun week ahead. I hope nobody allowed his image to be used without permission.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is there a school where the hostesses don't nail the recruits? Isn't that the whole point of having them show recruits around?

3. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"I've gotta go; T. Boone Pickens just walked in."

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Dog bites man.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our recruits.... - we did.
    [winks at the NCAA]
    But you can't hold a whole football program responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole college football system? And if the whole NCAA is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, NCAA - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Awesome job right there, sir.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Over! It ain't over! It ain't over until we say it is! Was it over when Boise State won the national title?

Boise State?

Forget it, he's rolling.

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough . . . the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! C'mon!

What the fuck happened to the Oklahoma State I used to know? Where's the drugs? Where's the hot women, huh?! This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst! "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well, JUST KISS MY ASS FROM NOW ON!!! Not me! I'm not gonna take this! NCAA, they're dead men! Mark Emmert, DEAD! Barry Switzer —

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Three fourths of this is inaccurate. It's fiction. And this article embarrasses me to be involved with athletics. Tremendously. And that article had to have been written by a person who has never played college football, had sex with a recruiting hostess, done drugs and gotten paid on a recruiting trip. What has society come to?
    It makes me want to puke."

Funny thing about this is that Gundy was on staff the entire time. Gonna be interesting to see how this sorts out.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

T. Boone's zillion-dollar oil fund is paying for hostess whores? Shocked, I say. Shocked!

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

College football players getting money, drugs, sex?!?!? I'm shocked and appalled. Who do they think they are? European soccer players?

Or maybe they're trying to imitate the Sooners and Miami Hurricanes from the 1980s!

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Better call Saul.

12. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Ten bucks says T. Boone buys SI from Time Warner and spikes the story by Wednesday.

Draft saved Draft deleted