1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI gives SJ.com a plug

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Dec 27, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

From Richard Deitsch's year in review article on sports media for Sports Illustrated...
    THE NONCORPORATE SPORTS WEB SITE OF THE YEAR: Fire Joe Morgan (http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com/). The sabermetrically inclined band at FJM hilariously deconstructs baseball writers daily. Outside of Joe Morgan himself, no one has been skewered more than MSNBC's Mike Celizic. (SI.com writers have been sawed up as well.) Best to stay on these guys' good side. Or avoid writing about the sport at all costs.
    Honorable mention: Sports Media Guide (sportsmediaguide.com), The Big Lead (TheBigLead.com), SportsJournalists.com (sportsjournalists.com), Gelfmagazine.com (click for sports and leisure)

For more go to
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/richard_deitsch/12/26/media.circus/index.html

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh hell.

There's no way we'll have this joint cleaned in time for company.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Time to break out the baked chicken recipes.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Can someone begin tuning all the television sets to Junction Boys?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We have good representation here at SI - and they all seem to be good folks.

6. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

dietch is an archie bunker fan - he loves dyepack.

7. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Wow... that's pretty cool... my momma always told me honorable mention was pretty good seeing as I never won anything.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I was struck more by the biglead.com mention.

Good for the dude who runs that site. Getting Whitlock busted puts anyone on the map.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I've never heard of sportsmediaguide.com and I can't get the site to load.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

There have been a lot of stories from that site posted on this board recently. Search around on the Journalism Topics Only board and you should be able to find some stuff.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Um, WTF are you talking about, henri?

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Don't feel bad -- sportsmediaguide.com never heard of you either.

Draft saved Draft deleted