1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI.com: Troy Glaus -- Roids

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

[​IMG]

"I've got your huge red flag right here."

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

His HR totals have been starkly down since his hey day, maybe it is just aging. Oh, wait that can't be because Bonds had hit more HR since turning 35 then he did his whole career prior.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Nomar's Exploding Groin

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Just because Glaus used it while with the Angels doesn't mean they shouldn't use a current photo of him.

5. boots

boots New Member

I don't have a problem with it. I'm sure SI has pictures of him with the Jays and if not, it wouldn't be a problem to get some.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Hardball.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

McLemore has gained like 40 pounds since he retired. I think he's taking steroids but his timing is just a little off.

8. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

I'm waiting for the avalanche of columns equating Glaus/Ankiel to the root of all evil before I agree with that.

Bonds got massacred.
    I doubt anyone is putting the vitriolic bullseye on Ankiel/Glaus.
    We'll see ... .

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's probably anabolic donuts.

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Mr. Tdot, are you in the journalism business? If yes, you do see the difference between Ankiel/Glaus and Bonds, do you not?

We'll see whether the coverage is within a proportionate range. If it's equal, then the rules of what's news don't apply anymore.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

He was the world's biggest middle infielder at the end of his career anyway. He's gotta be pushing Tony Gwynn by now.

12. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

You are quite right; I didn't make reference to proportionality.

(But I have seen doping allegations disappear without much challenge regarding other baseball stars with HOF/All Time credentials - helloooooo Rocket!!)

Draft saved Draft deleted