1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Showtime's The Franchise

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Aug 3, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Basically, it's the Hard Knocks of baseball. This year it features the Marlins.

Riveting shit. I love when they take you inside the room when trades are made (Shocker. Miami's GM seems like a dolt). And the background stories on some of the players. And Ozzie's rant on Coconut water. And the time Derek Jeter didn't recognize Logan Morrison.

Anyone else watching?

2. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

I watch it every week and love it. The stuff with all the trades these last two weeks has been great.

I enjoyed last season that featured the Giants as well. I'm hoping this keeps going every year.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

This season has been excellent. I only watched bits of the Giants one last year, but they've done a terrific job with the Marlins. The coverage of the trades and "firesale" has been top notch. Plus, this season has worked out tremendously for Showtime in that in spite of all the luster, big-name free agents and new park, the Marlins have failed horribly. Makes for great TV.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Love the behind-the-scenes stuff of any team, whether it be pro, college or high school. The dynamics that make up any collective always get my attention.

Draft saved Draft deleted