1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Showtime entertainment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Jan 19, 2007.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

What are your thoughts on their original programming. I've heard how they're really starting to give HBO a run for its money.

I'm a big fan of all the HBO shows and just finished watching "Weeds" on Netflix and was thinking of adding Showtime to my package. Is it worth it, or not?

Thanks in advance.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

They had an amazing show in Dead Like Me but cancelled it after two seasons. I no longer respect their judgment.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

In 2003 Showtime had a great series - Out of Order - and then cancelled it after the first season.

4. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

I really like "Weeds" and I've heard great things about "Sleeper Cell" and "Dexter".

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I didn't think "Going to California" was a bad show when it was on five years ago. Haven't had showtime since.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Showtime is part of my digital cable package... otherwise, I'd drop it... Would much rather have HBO -- especially for the ondemand access. But cant afford to add that tier right now...

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I thought this was about the Red Shoe Diaries. My bad. :-\

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Tudors really looks like it's going to deliver the goods. Starts April 1.

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Couldn't agree more with the "Weeds", "Sleeper Cell" and "Dexter" arguments. I love Showtime series, but I too am devastated that they didn't keep "Dead Like Me" going, I loved that show.

And let's all not forget one of the funniest shows around.... "Penn and Teller: Bullshit!"

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My cable company is the reverse ... Showtime and Cinemax are on a higher tier than HBO, Starz and Encore.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Weeds is about the only thing I watch on there.

But it, in and of itself, is worth the extra money.

12. Don't get any premium packages, though we do have a DVR. Part of that includes a free, on-demand Showtime sampler. They had all of season 1 of Sleeper Cell on there, and I thought it was really well done. I probably could have spent an entire day watching it from start to finish. If it were more than 10 episodes a season, I might consider adding Showtime. But I'd just rather wait for it on DVD.

Draft saved Draft deleted