1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shouldn't you know baseball to be on Baseball Tonight?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 14, 2006.

1. unwitty

unwitty Member

I want to watch just to see if Baker brings his kid. Nothing like putting a toddler on your lap in an effort to deflect tough questions.

Nothing but class, Dusty Baker.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

If producers rush the set during break, I hope J.T. Snow's around to pull the kid away.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

That would be a good "This is SportsCenter" commercial

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bob Brenly won a World Series. According to you, I guess he should anchor the whole damn show.

I do give Dusty credit. No other man in history has blown a sure thing in consecutive seasons for different teams.

Dusty's four years with the Cubbies:
    88 wins, epic choke in the NLCS
    89 wins, epic choke to fritter away the wild card
    79 wins
    66 wins, worst team in the NL

Yeah, I guess the criticism of him here is unwarranted.

Until he was fired, he was the worst manager in the game, by far, not even close.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I want Bob Brenly back managing -- not in Chicago -- just to get him out of the booth.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dusty Baker could fuck up a one car funeral.

Did he comment on the fact white guys can't handle playing a lot of day games because it's too hot or regale the audience with stories of his time with Hank Aaron?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hey, WTF? We're bashing Johnnie B. Baker and no one told me? Come on, guys.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Having your kid around worked for Juice-Boy McGwire, for a while . . . certainly,
    for the sheep/baseball fans in St. Louis.

If the emperor wears no clothes, go for the gimmicks.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

if your idea of a good manager is getting the worst out of your talent, blindly running a bullpen and chewing toothpicks, then Dusty Baker is your man. And he sounds like he's got 50 toothpicks in his mouth when he provides "insight" on Baseball Tonight.

10. cubs

cubs Member

The cubs did beat the cards in their season series this year....something like 10-8 i think.

Draft saved Draft deleted