1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I make this fantasy football trade?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Walter_Sobchak, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I'm sure there are a bazillion of these already on the board, but I couldn't find any of them.

Anyways, today in one of my leagues I was offered Marc Bulger, Rex Grossman, Frank Gore, Larry Fitzgerald and Marques Colston for LaDainian Tomlinson.
    In this league, you play 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WR, a TE and one flex.

This league is a little bit different. It's a strictly points based league, no head-to-head, no playoffs. and we have a crazy, crazy points system.
    To give you an idea, a touchdown is worth 20 points. One rushing attempt is worth a point.
    In the last four weeks, LT has put up 101, 149, 127 and 158 points. Currently the leader in our league has 6152 points. I'm in 6th, about 700 points behind.

Now, bear in mind that this is a keeper league, and we get to keep 2. The guy who offered me the trade is out of contention. If I was to make this trade, I still have a couple potential keepers (Rudi Johnson, T.O., Marvin Harrison the most likely of the bunch) as well as BUlger or Gore should I make the trade.

The other guy is clearly doing this for keeper purposes. I guess my question is would I be completely stupid to make this trade? My guess is yes.

Advice please. And yes I know we have a stupid setup in this league. :D

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Never trade LT. Ever.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Why would you trade LT?

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

What does your QB situation look like right now?

(not that you should ever, ever trade LT)

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You're 6th with LT. Trade him.

6. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

QB Situation is bad. I have Plummer, Brad Johnson, and Charlie Frye.

Bear in mind that if I trade LT, I don't get him next year. It's a keeper league.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

You have a chance to bullshit your way thru the season at QB. I should know. This year alone, in my main money league, I've started Kurt Warner, David Carr and Damon Huard. This week it might be Joey Harrington. And somehow I'm 7-3...because I have LT2.

You cannot replace LT2's production. You can, if you have LT2, potentially get by with a third-rate QB. (I keep qualifying my statements so that I don't hex myself this week)

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Decline it. Now. And that's if this were a redraft league.

But a chance to keep LT? And Marvin Harrison. Don't waste another brain cell.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What he said. My theory about trades is this -- more often than not, the person who acquires the best player is the trade in the one who got the better end of the deal.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm still kicking myself for letting LT2 go after last year. He was $65 and when I let him go I had like five players locked up at $17. Then I saw the protected lists and I was like, fuck, he is so far ahead of anybody available at RB. Not only do I need to get him back, but I'm going to have to pay a lot more to get him.

Sure enough, the turd gobblers--including one who lurks here, damn you!!!--in my league bid me up until I finally landed him at $76. This, of course, left me with Kurt Warner at QB. Just need to BS my way at QB--and hope LT2 stays healthy--for six more weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted