1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I be nervous or what

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Precious Roy, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Michael Lewis has a fantastic memoir on this exact subject: http://www.amazon.com/Home-Game-Accidental-Guide-Fatherhood/dp/0393338096/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329881624&sr=1-8
    I read it while the wife was pregnant and found it very helpful. In the end, I think me and the little guy developed a bond quickly (it helped that I was primary caregiver when she went back to work, and we were therefore forced to figure out a way to survive with just each other), but it was good to know it was OK if I didn't feel that immediate pull.
    Our nurses were great — we had to practically beg sometimes to get him back in our room. She got plenty of sleep and rest, and I was able to go home and sleep in our bed and be with the dog.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Well, it's Wednesday.

Good luck today, Precious Roy!

Try not to get any placenta on yourself.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Benjamin linus was born on that Wednesday. Healthy happy and strong. He's doing great and I no longer feel any nervousness at all because he's just what I always wanted in life.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I shall now dub you "Clown Car Vagina."

Congrats Roy!

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is that really his name?

Don't get me wrong. I think it's cool. He's one of my favorite television characters of all time.

Just wondering if that was intentional or just a coincidence?

And congrats.

7. Precious Roy

Completely intentional. It flows well with Hus last name, is easy to say, can be spelled right The first time every time. Ben linus one of the greatest characters in TV history. And even if it wasn't its still a very strong name.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Congratulations, Roy!

How's your wife holding up?

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Congrats Roy! Love the name too!

10. Precious Roy

Wife holding up amazing. She was so.awesome through the.whole thing and.never said any unkind words to me through the whole thing. She's.the.best ever.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hey I just saw this -- congrats! Always nice to hear from someone before he realizes what the hell he's in for. That comes in Week 2. :)

Kidding. It's all a joy, even the stuff that isn't, if you know what I mean.

12. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Love this line ... and know exactly what you mean. Congratulations!

Draft saved Draft deleted