1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Denny Green resign in his postgame press conference?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 17, 2006.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

As someone who watches this team every single week...

No reason why this one should cause Denny to resign. He (and the Cards) do this every week, in one form or another. This one just happened to be on a national stage. He's an imbecile. Last week was arguably worse -- he used his last timeout to try to ice a kicker on a 19-yard field goal, leaving Leinart to try to take the team the length of the field with no timeouts left.

Lucky for him the front office is dumber and cheap, so there's no way he gets fired before the end of the season.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good God, yes, he should resign.

And again: Anyone who didn't see the Edge downfall coming wasn't paying attention. Players, like senior citizens, go to Arizona to retire and live off their wealth. Edge got his payday and that was that.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The Rangers were the Senators, and never won anything there.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

That meltdown was AWESOME!!!!

Denny, you stupid, stupid fuck, you get what you deserve.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

DENNY GREEN MELTDOWN!

Made my year!

Crown their asses!

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Damn! I missed it!

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

ESPNews. Right Now.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

No ... not we, Dennis. You.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To get back to Jason's original post, nothing drives me daffier than seeing yet another NFL coach decide to stop trying to score a winning TD in favor of trying a winning field goal. It's ass-covering at its worst. If Leinart is intercepted in the end zone, hey, the coach blew the game. If Neil Rackers misses a 4-yarder, HE lost the game. This despite the fact a run into the line by James had already resulted in a Bears TD. Ugh.
    Also, I don't know about Denny, but if I were the Cards' defensive co-ordinator, I might've resigned last night in hopes of finding a better situation-like a FedEX driver in Baghbad or something. My guys play the performances of their careers, create six turnovers and don't let the Bears score a touchdown. We lose anyway. What's the point of going on?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I decided to go to bed last night with 5 minutes left and Chicago still down 23-10.

Oops.

11. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Any "You Tube" links on this rant, yet? Wondered what the question was that set him off...if there was one......

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Holy shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted