1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Va. Tech

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl2, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Here's the original thread, should anyone feel like seeing it again for the first time.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I did, until I got about halfway down the first page and realized some of those that are no longer here were still here at the time of this thread.

And while I know there was some good discussion on here, I can't stomach the other stuff to get to it.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This thread was not one of SportsJournalists.com's better moments.

I'm just thankful that Moddy's kids came out safe and sound.

And it would be nice if anybody who trips upon this says an anniversary prayer for the victims.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Amen, shot, amen.

last summer I visited the makeshift, homemade memorial on campus, the "temporary" one, I guess. It was gut-wrenching, all the cliches you can think of. On a day in late June with the campus nearly deserted, the whole thing seemed just impossible. But it wasn't.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gAkWGp-Dng3zAawi6JbzK9TLnZOQ?docId=43488304b5954419b097835262f93801

Digging this thread up because a lot of the questions to what happened on the administrative side of the ball are being answered in a Virginia courtroom this week. Two families did not take the settlement and pushed a trail forward.

Pretty interesting stuff.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7th Anniversary of the VaTech shooting. 32 murdered.

Sandy Hook, Fort Hood, Washington Navy Yard, Aurora Colorado. ...

7. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Wow, seven years...

Draft saved Draft deleted