1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Muhammad cartoon contest in Texas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 3, 2015.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Baron and Quant should have a TV show.
    They could call it "Fred and Ethel Mertz."

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It really was a fine piece of work. Perhaps, like Picasso from 1901 to 1904, Baron is entering a new thematic phase of his work. I know many join me in awaiting Baron's "rose period" with great eagerness.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Notice how nobody has actually had an answer. Discrimination or not?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I answered ... but it was rather nuanced.

LongTimeListener and YankeeFan like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

How is making things equal end up discriminatory against the people who have enjoyed favored status?

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

How can you expect Baron to call it discrimination? His blind spot for anything that goes with his worldview is the largest of even the most dedicated ignorant activist on either side of the political spectrum that I've seen. Bigger than even the biggest Bernie or Ron Paul supporter. He doesn't even think WWE wrestlers are being exploited.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Actually, the WWE is one filed lawsuit away from having their longtime business model with their performers being so-called "independent contractors" from being totally destroyed. They've had some recent disputes with several performers who have left the company, where those performers' lawyers have threatened to challenge their "independent contractor" agreements. The WWE has quickly settled those disputes because they know they're on borrowed time with their longtime arrangements.

But you knew all this, right? Or are you just talking out of your ass, as usual?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Eh, she asked for it:

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So of the four plotters, two were killed in anti-terrorism battles (including one by a drone) and the other two face criminal charges.

Actually it sounds like Obungo's war on terrorism is going pretty good.

Draft saved Draft deleted