1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Holocaust Museum

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Reports of shots fired at Holocaust museum.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D98NUQE00&show_article=1

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

WashingtonPost.com is reporting 3 people shot - a security guard and two others.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/10/AR2009061001768.html?hpid=topnews

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Update is that the security guard was shot dead, then the shooter was killed. Third injury was someone cut by broken glass.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Pete Williams at MSNBC says gunman was ID'd as an 89 year old anti-government white supremist with the last name of Vonbraun

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Well, I was thinking about blowing off my monthly meeting of the Committee on Hate and Violence, a fellow member of which is an employee at the museum, but now I guess I will show up.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see if this gets more play than the Little Rock recruiting office shooting.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Given that it happened within sight of the Capitol, I would say yes.

8. Armchair_QB

Yes to what?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have noticed that the Holocaust museum has much better than average security for a museum of this type. I am not surprised the shooting involved only the gunman and guards, though it's terrible that the guard was shot.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think it will, and because of the fact that it deals with the Holocaust and especially because it happened in Washington. Things that happen in DC just get made a bigger deal of than when they happen in Little Rock.

11. Armchair_QB

Even though two soldiers were murdered in cold-blood in a premeditated crime.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One was killed. The other is fine. Go start a thread about the lack of coverage, instead of derailing this thread about today's shooting by a wingnut racist.

Draft saved Draft deleted