1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at college in Montreal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I don't know if this has been posted yet, I did a quick look, but didn't see anything so I apologize for the DB
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060913/montreal_shooting_060913/20060913?hub=TopStories

There has been a shooting in at a college in downtown Montreal. Apparently two men – possibly three – dressed in black, entered the school and opened fire. no motive has been released. Twelve people have been taken to hospital, so far the only two casualties are the gunmen – one apparently self inflicted, the other taken down by the police. There are still students barracaded in classrooms, waiting for police to get around to all rooms and let them know it's ok to come out.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I heard there are four people dead and 16 wounded -- no info as to whether the dead are all gunmen or victims or both.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Horrible. Just horrible.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Good God. The pic they have with the AP story is scary.

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I know it's early in the story, but how can they not report on at least one other death. There's a dozen pictures of a dead body outside the building by that cop car, unless that's the shooter.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's the shooter.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

For those of us who are curious...for as many times as I went to Montreal, I know where McGill is, where is this in relation?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

The toll as of Thursday morning -- two dead, including the gunman, and 19 wounded. Eight people are in critical condition.

Dawson College seems to be close to or in downtown Montreal, in the Westmount section of town. Not sure where it is in relation to McGill but it's very close to Concordia University.

This guy was a certifiable whack-job. Here are the two main stories in today's Toronto Star, along with some freaky pictures of the maniac and some freakier postings he left behind on a website.

Montreal gunman identified

Killer loved guns, hated people

A diary on the VampireFreaks.com website shows a gun-waving Kimveer Gill, 25. His postings included an epitaph: "Lived fast died young. Left a mangled corpse.’’

10. NDub

NDub Guest

I curious how the gunman's body was outside next to a cop car if he was shot and killed inside the cafeteria.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060914/D8K4IIQG0.html

11. the_rookie

the_rookie Member

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The police dragged his body outside.

Draft saved Draft deleted