1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

So, do Canadians believe that the majority of Americans sip the Bush Kool-Aid as we ignore hockey?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, we'll pick up the slack, Boom.

And fyi, the budget that the Tories just tabled includes an excise tax for gas guzzling behemoths --$1,000 to $4,000 for passenger vehicles with combined fuel efficiency ratings of at least 13.0 litres per 100 kilometres.

Will I need to translate that into American for you, Boom? :)

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You have a national character flaw. What can I say? :)

4. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

did he shoot anyone in the face?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

no but he shot himself in the foot a few times.

6. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

I highly recommended it to several people after seeing it today. Here's hoping that Wahlberg can indeed turn this into a series of movies as the Swagger character. And Kate Mara is a babe. Plus, some funny Ned Beatty lines.

(and for what it's worth, the Stone Cold Steve Austin movie looks pretty solid. The trailer had me hooked. The key is that it appears Stone Cold isn't the main character, just one of many characters.)

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, there are two more Bob Lee Swagger books already out. And Hunter is publishing a fourth one this fall.

He's also got another trilogy centered on Bob Lee's father.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It had a solid opening for an R-rated action film... I don't know if there will be sequels although I hope there will be...

Draft saved Draft deleted