1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shoot me now - Dibble in Nats booth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 27, 2009.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

He's knowledgeable -- he made a point of knowing who all the key prospects were in the Brewers farm system. He never annoyed me, but I wasn't heartbroken to see him leave. Woodwork is a pretty good description. He's probably a good choice to replace legends like Skip and Pete; he is going to have a low key style and not to be what they were.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, should have mentioned it my previous posts, but my condolences, Moddy. Dibble's a total toolbag.

Anyone here ever listen to his XM show with Kevin Kennedy? It was three hours of two unreconstructed apes agreeing with each other on everything.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's true, but I always got the sense in the Brewers' shit years that he pimped the prospects so he wouldn't have to put in a position to criticize the product on the field.

4. Bubbler

Often said on SJ, rarely true, but I really did spit my drink out upon reading that. Well done. Those two are past masters at insulting intelligence.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I actually didn't mind him when he was on Patrick's show.

Plus, it could get interesting when the Cubbies come to town.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You thought it was going to be a fun season with the Gnats?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Found that mute button yet?

At least you've got the season tickets for home games, now you'll probably be motivated to use all of them.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Analysis? Dibble couldn't hit a seat if he threw a ball into the stands...oh, wait.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm sure $1,000 TVs come with a mute button. Good thing only about 293 other people watch the Nats on MASN.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was in Cooperstown a few years ago for HOF Weekend when the skies opened up and unleashed all sorts of furious anger (as they do every HOF Weekend). I was driving back into town when--BAM!!!--a tree falls about 100 feet in front of me. As I'm backing the car up and recovering from the heart attack, Dibble and Kennedy--who are broadcasting from Main Street--say they've been told to shut down b/c of the bad weather.

And they're mocking the orders. Dibble says something like "Oh it's a little rain, we have to go now," I actually tried calling their show to say HEY DOUCHEBAGS, FUCKING TREES ARE FALLING 3,000 FEET FROM YOU. Alas, the line was busy, and Dibble was not struck down by lightning.

Sorry Moddy. And anyone else with a shred of good taste.

11. Bubbler

Damn you God and your inaccurate lightning!

12. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Sutton was about the only thing that made the Nats watchable last season.

Dibble can't be as bad as Ron Darling was, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted