1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Shit My Dad Says" --- starring Bill Shatner!!! --- coming to CBS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Will almost certainly be the first television pilot based on a Twitter feed ...

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Shatner-Cast-Sh-1015268.aspx

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If the show is even 1/3rd as funny as the Twitter feed, I'll watch it.

But it won't be.

Mark my words.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yup. I keep telling my wife I'm going to create a Shit My Wife Says twitter feed. But I won't.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"$#$# the Shat Says"

:D :D :D

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

This is great, but it should be on HBO or FX so it doesn't have to be toned down.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yep, this is how bleak it's gotten on the Hollywood creative front. I'm hearing "Pickle vs. Nickelback 3D" is going to anchor Memorial Day 2011.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

If that happens, I swear I will erase my Facebook page and will set out on a daily agenda to ban all Facebook groups for ... for ... forever.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Book out today.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Sully Erna

Sully Erna New Member

Agreed. Simply by being on a network forces the writers to can at least half of their A-material from the get-go. Put this on a premium channel and you'll get people pissing themselves.

Also, let's say if this was at all possible, can you imagine this show on HBO with George Carlin at his crotchety-ess instead of Shatner?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, if the show doesn't work out I'm sure Bill can find a way to console himself.

http://www.businessinsider.com/william-shatner-has-made-600-million-shilling-pricelinecom-2010-5

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If that's true, it's up there with the best celebrity endorsement deals ever...

Foreman Grills.
    50-Cent Vitamin Water deal.
    Suzanne Somers Thighmaster

I'm sure there are a couple others, but I know those four would be pretty unlikely spokesman who are hundreds of millions richer as a result.

Draft saved Draft deleted